Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Husband Wouldn't Hurt a Fly

Sounds pretty decent right? Except that Dave really won't kill ANY bugs and it's driving me crazy. He gets really mad if I step on an ant when we are walking down the street. If there is a spider in our house and he's not around to rescue it, he expects me to just trap it in a cup and wait until he gets home to take it out of the house. This is just ridiculous to me, but I try my best to go along with it ... at least, when he's coming right home! Unfortunately, the little people living in our house are not good at keeping things quiet, so he's definitely found out about some of my "mercy killings."

At the moment, we've been dealing with an ant infestation in our mailbox ... not to mention a wasp's nest directly underneath it. My idea for him to resolve the problem was ant traps and bug spray. Dave's idea of resolving the problem ... leave the wasp's nest alone and pour lots of water into the mailbox so the ants would flee. Now I am sure that some of the ants died in this process, but of course in his mind, this was the lesser of the two evils. Whatever ...

(Image: Isabel as a bumblebee, age 3)


No comments:

Post a Comment